Sticky Coconut & Feijoa Muffins
A big ups to Geoff Scott for creating the original recipe which I have then paleofied (it’s a word promise). They are now gluten, grain and dairy free and still just as delicious! Not to mention easier to make.
- Heat oven to 210C (this high heat surprised me, but who am I to argue with the experts)
- Whisk eggs and add milk
- Place the HGG Vanilla Baking Mix and the baking powder in a bowl. make a well in the centre then add the whisked eggs plus oil/butter. Add the feijoas then mix
- Lightly grease 12 muffin cups with oil spray (I had no idea you could do this! I never use muffin cups as I find the mix always sticks and I hate leaving behind muffin. BUT I tried this and they don’t stick! years wasted….)
- Heat all the topping ingredients in a little pan until melted and nicely combined
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter then top with sticky coconut topping.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until golden and caramelised
Enjoy! I made these 3 times and they went down well with everyone each time. The original recipe can be found here
- 1 box of HGG Vanilla Baking Mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used coconut)
- 75g of oil or melted butter (I use macadamia oil)
- 1 cup (180g) scooped feijoas chopped into little pieces
- STICKY COCONUT TOPPING
- 65g of either coconut sugar or maple sugar (you could probably use honey or maple syrup, but I haven’t personally tried it)
- 30g of oil or butter
- 35g of shredded coconu
- 40ml of cream (again I used coconut, just use the same tin of coconut cream you use for the milk above)
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Paleo
(yes it can be done, and it's awesome)
Pancakes and Waffles
You can make thee any size you want and add anything you like on top. But it’s always good to get a bit of inspiration....
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside...