A big ups to Geoff Scott for creating the original recipe which I have then paleofied (it’s a word promise). They are now gluten, grain and dairy free and still just as delicious! Not to mention easier to make.
- Heat oven to 210C (this high heat surprised me, but who am I to argue with the experts)
- Whisk eggs and add milk
- Place the HGG Vanilla Baking Mix and the baking powder in a bowl. make a well in the centre then add the whisked eggs plus oil/butter. Add the feijoas then mix
- Lightly grease 12 muffin cups with oil spray (I had no idea you could do this! I never use muffin cups as I find the mix always sticks and I hate leaving behind muffin. BUT I tried this and they don’t stick! years wasted….)
- Heat all the topping ingredients in a little pan until melted and nicely combined
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter then top with sticky coconut topping.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until golden and caramelised
Enjoy! I made these 3 times and they went down well with everyone each time. The original recipe can be found here