Feijoa Crumble Cake or Slice Gluten Free
I still cant decide whether I like eating feijoas plain, or putting them in a cake. Maybe I’ll just have to keep testing both to find out!
This is a good recipe for any not quite ripe feijoas you have lying around too. Inspired by a Nadia Lim recipe.
- 300g Velvety Baking Mix (1 box, 2 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbl oil
- 1tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 cup Threaded/Shredded Coconut
- Peeled and sliced feijoa
- 1/4 cup sugar or I heaped Tbsp of honey or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 180 (160 fan) and line a slice or cake tin and grease sides.
- Mix the Velvety baking mix together following the cake instructions on the packet. Add 1 tsp vanilla essence to the mix
- Remove 1/3 of the batter and set aside
- Put the rest of the batter into a cake or slice tin and bake for 15 min until just starting to turn golden
- Add 1/4 cup of threaded coconut to the reserved batter and chill in fridge for 10 mins
- Mix your peeled and sliced feijoa with 1/2 tsp cinnamon and either 1/4 cup sugar or 1 Tbsp of honey. Let sit while slice is baking
- Once 15 min are up, arrange the slices of feijoa and the juices over the partially cooked base. Then crumble over the leftover coconut crumble batter you put in the fridge
- Bake again for 15 -25 min until done (depending on size of your tin)
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Paleo
(yes it can be done, and it's awesome)
Pancakes and Waffles
You can make thee any size you want and add anything you like on top. But it’s always good to get a bit of inspiration....
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside...