I took this down to the Wellington Go Green Expo on the weekend and it was a huge success! Personally I was pretty happy with it so it was nice to see delighted looks from the public too. It’s easy to make (of course) and is moist and delicious. You can use either the Vanilla or the Ginger Mix but I have only made it with the Vanilla so far. Also I have given a recipe for the mixed fruit, or you can buy a premade bag of your choice.
1. Add the mixed fruit, butter/oil, pineapple, sugar, mixed spice and baking soda to a large saucepan. Stir occasionally as it comes to the boil then turn down to a gently boil for 5 min.
2. Leave to cool. I tend to put the mix on in the morning then bake it at night. Your house will smell amazing all day.
3. Once cool, preheat oven to 150C. Add the eggs and mix well. Then add the baking mix and the baking powder and mix well.
4. Double line a tin with baking paper, both bottom and sides. Pour the thick mix in and bake in the oven for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Should be the colour in the picture.
5. Once out of the oven, wrap the whole thing up in a towel and leave till the morning. (I don’t know why we do this but this is how much mother taught me so this is what we are doing)
You will notice there is no alcohol in this one. I leave this to your discretion.
Ready to make your christmas easier and healthier? Grab your mix here and enjoy!
Benefits of using HGG paleo baking mixes and the paleo diet. Low Sugar and Low Carb but still tastes amazing. Very Easy to use, no baking skill required. Ready for the oven in under 3 min. All natural ingredients without preservatives.