Caramel Apple Cake Gluten Free
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside the cake!
- 300g Velvety Baking Mix (reserve 1 heaped tablespoon separate)
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbl oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 400g tin coconut cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- CARAMEL APPLES
- 2 big green granny smith apples (or 3 smaller) diced (few slices for decoration if wanted)
- 2-3 tbl butter or oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- reserved tbl dry baking mix
- In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, combine all the caramel ingredients and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. stir once to combine then leave it to sit for about 40 min at a rolling simmer. It will be thicker and darker when done.
- Preheat oven to 180 and line bottom of 20 cm cake tin.
- Take 1 heaped table of baking mix and keep separate.
- Mix rest of the cake ingredients together.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the cake tin and bake for 15 min
- While cake is baking make the apples.
- Mix the apples with the either 2-3 tbl butter or oil, the reserved tbl dry baking mix, 1tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp cinnamon and pinch salt, in a large saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until apples are cooked halfway, remove from the heat and stir in 1/4 cup of the cooked caramel.
- Once base has baked for 15 min, Pour caramel apples over the base, then gently pour the rest of the batter over the top and return the cake to the oven for another 15 min or so until cooked. Can add sliced apples on the top before the second bake too.
- Serve with the remainder of the caramel.
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Paleo
(yes it can be done, and it's awesome)
Pancakes and Waffles
You can make thee any size you want and add anything you like on top. But it’s always good to get a bit of inspiration....
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside...