I normally put frozen raspberries inside my vanilla mix but this time I wanted to see how it worked on top. Pretty darn good by the taste of it!
1. Heat oven to 180C (350F)
2. Mix cake as per instructions on box (basically throw everything into a bowl and mix well)
3. Line square slice tin with baking or parchment paper
Bake cake for 15 minutes
While cake is baking prepare the topping
1. Defrost the raspberries over a gentle heat in a saucepan and add the chia seeds and any sweetener you wish to. Frozen berries can be different as to what brand you buy, so taste as you go to get your desired level of sweetness.
2. Mix in the coconut (and chocolate chunks if you using)
3. The cake after 15 minutes should not be visibly gooey in the middle. It will still look not ready, but it won’t be super moist. If it is, pop it back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
4. Pour the topping over the cake and sprinkle over some coconut chips if you like
5. Put back in oven for another 15-20 until the vanilla cake is cooked through (use a skewer to test)
Enjoy, and hit me up with any questions you have