Raspberry Chia Coconut Baked Vanilla Cake
I normally put frozen raspberries inside my vanilla mix but this time I wanted to see how it worked on top. Pretty darn good by the taste of it!
1. Heat oven to 180C (350F)
2. Mix cake ingredients together
3. Line square slice tin (or 18cm cake tin) with baking or parchment paper
Bake cake for 15 minutes
While the cake is baking prepare the topping
1. Defrost the raspberries over gentle heat in a saucepan and add the chia seeds and any sweetener you wish. Frozen berries can be different as to what brand you buy, so taste as you go to get your desired level of sweetness.
2. Remove from the heat and mix in the coconut and chocolate chunks
3. The cake after 15 minutes should not be visibly gooey in the middle. It will still look not ready, but it won’t be super moist. If it is, pop it back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
4. Take the cake from the oven and pour the topping over the cake and sprinkle over some coconut chips if you like
5. Put back in the oven for another 15-20 until the vanilla cake is cooked through (use a skewer to test)
Enjoy, and hit me up with any questions you have
- 300g (2 1/4 cups) Velvety Baking Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbl oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 & half cup of frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- 2 tbl chia seeds
- added sweetener if desired
- chocolate chips or chunks
- coconut chips for decorating
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Paleo
(yes it can be done, and it's awesome)
Pancakes and Waffles
You can make thee any size you want and add anything you like on top. But it’s always good to get a bit of inspiration....
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside...