Pistachio and Orange Loaf Gluten Free
This little beauty made my house smell amazing whilst in the oven. Hope you enjoy my paleo version of The Caker’s Pistachio Loaf. Jump over here to grab your Vanilla Baking Mix
1. Heat oven to 160C and line a 22cm x 12cm (approx) loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter/oil and sugar together. Just remember that the oil will not turn out as fluffy as the butter when creaming (in fact it doesn’t really look like cream but it seemed to work out okay)
3. Add the eggs one at a time beating well between each egg, then add the orange zest.
4. Grind the pistachios until they resemble a coarse powder.
5. Fold both the pistachios and the HGG Vanilla Baking Mix into the butter/oil mixture.
6. Bake for 50 min until golden brown on top and just a few crumbs cling to the skewer. It will keep cooking a little once out.
7. Leave in tin on a cake rack for 10 minutes to cool
Icing: You can either make a cream cheese icing or a dairy free one. OR just leave it icing free. That’s how I had it and it was wonderful.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetener until smooth. Gradually beat in the orange juice and vanilla
The dairy free approach
Beat or blend the coconut oil/butter/ghee till pale and creamy. Add the honey, vanilla, cashew butter and lemon & orange juice until smooth and creamy. Taste as you go, can add more sweetener or a pinch of stevia. Then mix in the lemon zest if needed.
Leave in fridge to harden up a little before spreading over the cake.
Also this looks like a nice one over at Elanas pantry. you can’t really go wrong with Elana, her coconut flour cupcake book was the first recipe book I used before I had even heard of paleo.
Sprinkle some chopped pistachios and crushed freeze dried raspberries over the top.
And You can Buy the Vanilla Baking Mix here to whip up your own
Benefits of using HGG paleo baking mixes and the paleo diet. Low Sugar and Low Carb but still tastes amazing. Very Easy to use, no baking skill required. Ready for the oven in under 3 min. All natural ingredients without preservatives.
- 1 box of HGG paleo Vanilla Baking Mix
- 150g oil (I used macadamia oil) or butter softened
- 50g coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- zest of one orange
- 90g pistachios
- CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 200-250g cream cheese
- 2 tbls orange juice (from your zested orange)
- 2 tbl honey or maple syrup
- dash vanilla
- DAIRY FREE APPROACH
- 1 cup coconut oil (or 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup grass fed butter or ghee)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 Tablespoons cashew butter
- 1-2 teaspoon lemon juice
- lemon zest
- 2 tbl orange juice (from your zested orange)
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Paleo
(yes it can be done, and it's awesome)
Pancakes and Waffles
You can make thee any size you want and add anything you like on top. But it’s always good to get a bit of inspiration....
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside...