Feijoa Cake with Crumble Topping Gluten Free
Here is a recipe for an abundance of feijoas or some that you have that are just not ripe enough. I had about 8 medium sized. Make a crumble topping with whatever mix of nuts and coconut you have in your pantry. Mine was made up of approx. 70g ground almonds, 30g shredded coconut and cinnamon (I like cinnamon). You can add a tbl of coconut sugar if you want it a little sweeter but its not really needed.
- Vanilla Baking Mix
- 8 -10 feijoas.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbl oil
- 1 cup water or water mixed with juice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- CRUMBLE TOPPING
- approx 100g of ground nuts and shredded or desiccated coconut
- coconut oil or butter for rubbing into the ground nuts
- tsp maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar(optional)
- Chop feijoas in half and place in bowl. If they are under ripe, sprinkle with raw sugar or sugar of choice and leave for 30 min ish
- Heat oven to 180 (fan 160) and line a standard medium cake tin
- Use any juice from the feijoa bowl and make up a cup of water. Then use this to make the batter with the Vanilla Mix
- adding 2 eggs, 2 tbl oil and a small tsp baking powder.
- Add 2 drops of cinnamon oil or one tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Pour into lined tin
- Make a crumble topping with whatever mix of nuts and coconut you have in your pantry. Rubbing in the oil or butter till it is a little sticky and holds together
- sprinkle over the top of the batter
- Bake for about 50 min till a skewer comes out clean. If your oven is browning the top too much, move it down or cover the top with tin foil.
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Paleo
(yes it can be done, and it's awesome)
Pancakes and Waffles
You can make thee any size you want and add anything you like on top. But it’s always good to get a bit of inspiration....
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside...