I really felt like I needed Willy Wonka to name this cake. No doubt he would have come up with something truly scrumptious. It’s certainly a one stop shop for all things decadent, and will make a wonderful cake to enjoy over Easter.
There are a few components but don’t let that scare you! You don’t need to do it all at once.
1. Double Chocolate cake
4. Caramel sauce
5. Roasted almond bark
6. Chocolate Ganache
And it’s useful to have a candy thermometer
Make your honeycomb, marshmallow and almond bark first. these can be done a day ahead too. Get the kids to help, but be careful when the sugar is hot.
Use this marshmallow recipe
1. Grease a baking tray
2. Place the Honey and Maple Syrup in a pot and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
3. Allow it to boil till it reaches 150C or hard crack stage. To tell, drop a little syrup into cold water and if it separates into hard brittle threads that when removed from the water cannot be bent without breaking, then it’s at hard crack stage.
4. Once at hard crack add the Baking Soda and whisk to distribute evenly.
5. Pour onto the tray and allow to cool and set.
Roasted Almond Bark
1. Spread almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in a cold oven. Turn oven on to 175 degrees C. Bake almonds, stirring occasionally, until light tan and fragrant, 12 to 15 minutes. The nuts will continue to cook after removing from oven.
2. Whip up some homemade chocolate or melt a bar of 70-80% dark chocolate
3. Pour over the almonds on the tray and allow to harden
Double Chocolate Cake
1. Melt the chocolate and sugar over a double boiler until sugar dissolves and chocolate melts.
2. Mix in the oil and allow to cool slightly
3. Mix in the 2 eggs and then the HGG baking mix
4. Bake in a lined 18cm-20cm tin
5. Bake at 170C for 20-30 min. Cake should be set but soft.
Melt the dark chocolate and coconut cream together
1. Smash up the bark and the honeycomb
2. Cut marshmallow into pieces
3. Place cake onto serving plate and pour the ganache over
4. Sprinkle the honeycomb, marshmallow and bark over the top
5. Finally drizzle the caramel sauce
Stores in the fridge for days