This is an oldie but a goodie, hide vegetables in cake! It however does not work for me, as my daughter doesn’t really like cake! I’m not sure how I ended up with a daughter who doesn’t like cake.
I had some leftover pumpkin from making mini pumpkin breads the other day so I decided to throw it into our paleo friendly (gluten free) chocolate mix to see if I could make a brownie. It’s been eluding me you see. WELL it was a success! Even my husband liked them, and that is saying something as he is a dark fudgy chocolate nut.
1. line brownie pan (square tin) & preheat oven 160C
2. Mix the pumpkin, egg, oil and melted chocolate together
3. Add the HGG chocolate mix (and optional walnuts)
4. Taste the batter. Now depending on what % chocolate you used and your own personal taste, will depend on how much sweetener you use. I used 90% chocolate and 2 tbl maple syrup. You can also mix maple or honey with stevia. This will mask the funny taste that stevia sometimes has, whilst lowering the sugar content. It really depends on what you are using especially when it comes to stevia as there are many varieties out there. TASTE AS YOU GO! It’s easy to add more, hard to remove.
5. Check the batter consistency. It should be thick and wet. Not dry. If you think it’s looking dry, add more oil.
6. Bake at 160 for 10-15 min until firm to the touch.