Louise Cake Gluten Free
All time kiwi favourite and one of my earliest favourite cakes to bake as a teenager. Using our vanilla mix, and a raspberry chia jam with a meringue topping.
Preheat oven to 180°C
Base Mix the base ingredients together and squish into a lined slice tin. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven to cool for 5 minutes
Jam Blend all the filling ingredients together then pour over the base
Topping In a bowl beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Add the sugar or warmed honey a little at a time, continue to beat until the mixture is thick and glossy. Gently fold in the coconut and vanilla.
Spread coconut topping over the jam layer and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool in the tin then remove and cut into squares. Enjoy!
- 1 HGG Vanilla Baking Mix
- 150g oil or melted butter
- 2 tbl maple syrup or liquid sweetner
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups frozen raspberries defrosted
- 2 tbl chia seeds (you can also add tsp gelatin if you are not vegan, to give it more of jamy texture)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tbl liquid sweetener
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- MERINGUE TOPPING
- 3 egg whites (or chick pea liquid from a tin)
- 1/4 cup of Xylitol OR you can use light honey.
- 1 cup long thread (shredded) coconut
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Paleo
(yes it can be done, and it's awesome)
Pancakes and Waffles
You can make thee any size you want and add anything you like on top. But it’s always good to get a bit of inspiration....
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside...