Gluten Free Hot Cross Bun Muffins
These are a delicious and easier way to get your fruity spicy hot cross bun fix.. And if you don’t want to make crosses, then use icing sugar and water to pipe on after they are baked.
Fruity and tasty, these are a great alternative to Hot Cross Buns. Enjoy!
- 300g (2 1/4 cup) velvety baking mix
- 1 cup raisins, sultanas, chopped apricots or a mix of dried fruit
- zest and juice of 1 medium orange
- 2 large eggs or 3 small (50g ea)
- 2 tbl oil
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch or flour
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp unrefined raw sugar or sweetner of choice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- water to mix in
- Mix cross ingredients together with enough water to thicken and make into a runnyish paste and let sit
- Preheat oven to 180 (fan 160) and grease muffin tins
- zest the oranges into a large bowl
- juice the oranges into a measuring cup then top with water to make one cup
- add the two eggs and the 2 tbl oil into the bowl with the orange juice and water mix
- add the baking mix and spices and combine with the wet mix in the bowl
- then add the chopped fruit and stir it in
- Put 1/4 cup into each muffin tin
- pipe or use a spoon to make the crosses on top of the muffins
- Bake for 18-20 min
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Paleo
(yes it can be done, and it's awesome)
Pancakes and Waffles
You can make thee any size you want and add anything you like on top. But it’s always good to get a bit of inspiration....
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside...