Goji & Chocolate Chunk Slice (Vegan)
I basically threw together this chocolate chunk & goji slice for the vegans who were visiting the food show, but it proved to be extremely popular with everyone! So on request I came home, remade it and wrote down the recipe. It’s ridiculously easy, using our #paleofriendly Vanilla Baking Mix. It’s soft and slightly chewy and you can make the chunks of chocolate as big as you like. You can whip this up in 25 min start to finish.
**You can make this with any of our mixes too. Try Chocolate with walnuts**
Heat oven to 180C and line a slice tin
- Melt/heat the oil and maple syrup together. You can use butter instead of oil.
- Add the coconut and vanilla mix to the oil and maple and combine well
- Smash up the chocolate bar
- Fold in the broken chocolate and the goji berries (you will notice I haven’t specified quantity, just throw in as many as you like)
- Squish the mix into the slice pan and bake in oven for 20 min. It will be soft when it comes out and will harden as it cools. OR you can bake it for 25-30 min and it will be crispier and probably hold together better too
You can store this in the pantry or the fridge. It will hold together better once being chilled. It’s just as good slightly warm with the chocolate oozing as it is when it’s chewy. Enjoy!
- 1 box HGG Vanilla Baking Mix
- 150g (3/4 cup) of oil or melted butter (I used macadamia oil)
- up to 4 tbl of maple syrup or your favourite liquid sweetener
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Bar of dark chocolate
- Goji berries
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Paleo
(yes it can be done, and it's awesome)
Pancakes and Waffles
You can make thee any size you want and add anything you like on top. But it’s always good to get a bit of inspiration....
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside...