The Emani Chocolate Slice (Vegan)
This one came into existence at the Food Show from the request of a charming vanilla salesman, so therefore I have named it after him as it certainly became very very popular with everyone!
As usual it’s super simple and super healthy and for those who can’t eat eggs, it’s just perfect. If you want to easily whip up this deliciousness that will WOW your friends and family, grab your Chocolate Baking Mix here (they certainly won’t be able to tell its healthy)
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Warm the oil and maple syrup together for 5 min over medium heat.
3. Mix the coconut and chocolate baking mix together with the oil and maple syrup, and combine well
4. Mix walnuts in
5. Line brownie or slice tin and then squish the mixture in with spatula
Bake for 25-30 min. Remove to cake rack. If you are using hazelnut pieces, sprinkle them on top as soon as comes out of oven and gently press down.
The slice will harden as it cools, and the longer you cooked it for the crisper it will be. (I nearly burnt the last one I made and it turned out the best)
Stores best in fridge or freezer
Ready to give it a whirl? Grab your mix here
Enjoy and let me know how you go!
- 1 box of HGG chocolate paleo friendly baking mix
- 150g oil (I used macadamia oil) or you can use melted butter if you choose to
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 - 4 tbl maple syrup or honey or preferred liquid sweetener
- 75g approx of walnut pieces to mix in or toasted hazelnut pieces to sprinkle on top
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Paleo
(yes it can be done, and it's awesome)
Pancakes and Waffles
You can make thee any size you want and add anything you like on top. But it’s always good to get a bit of inspiration....
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside...