Chocolate Peppermint Slice
This quick and glorious recipe was adapted from Living Healthy With Chocolate. Such a creative woman with amazing recipes, you should definitely go check her out.
I love this treat as it’s quick, easy, and low in sugars.
- 6 tablespoons cacao butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup walnuts, pecans or whichever nuts you like
- 12 drops of vanilla stevia (or to taste)
- In a large bowl stir together the melted cacao butter, cacao powder, almond butter, honey, vanilla, peppermint extract and salt. Add drops of vanilla stevia until sweetness is at your preferred level.
- Heat the mixture slowly on low heat over simmering water (double boiler) for 5 to 10 minutes until all ingredients are combined
- Chop the nuts in a food processor and add them plus the shredded coconut to the melted chocolate mixture and stir together
- Pour in a 7x5-inch (18x12 cm) dish lined with parchment paper
- Freeze until chocolate is set then cut into sticks. Store in airtight container in fridge.
- For the Thermomix
- Chop nuts, remove
- Melt cacao butter then add the powder, almond butter, honey, vanilla, peppermint, salt and stevia.
- Cook on low
- Add the nuts and mix using reverse
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Paleo
(yes it can be done, and it's awesome)
Pancakes and Waffles
You can make thee any size you want and add anything you like on top. But it’s always good to get a bit of inspiration....
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside...