Apricot and Spice Cake Gluten Free
Thank you VIVA for this delicious cake inspiration. The smells when this is baking is mouth watering. You could probably do this with any stone fruit you have.
I have baked it two ways, one with dairy and one without. I found using a dark coloured sugar made the sauce and cake a lot browner than the original recipe in the VIVA, but its just as delicious. I also had to grind the sugars the last time I made it as I actually burn the butter on my second attempt waiting for the sugar to dissolve completely. The third time I didn’t wait and it turned out perfect.
One of my brothers said its the best thing I have made so far, and believe me, he has tried a lot!
Enjoy! Hit me up with any questions if you have them.
- 100g butter OR 50g coconut oil & 50g coconut cream
- 100g coconut sugar OR brown sugar OR rapdura OR maple sugar
- 8 apricots halved, stones removed
- Ginger or Vanilla Mix
- 80g butter softened OR 40g coconut oil and 40g coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- If you use Vanilla Mix then you will also need 2tsp ginger and 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (coconut yoghurt if dairy free)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cream OR 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 170 convection. Line 20cm square tin
- BASE - if your sugar is coarse I would advise grinding it a little to help it melt easier. Melt the butter (or oil cream blend) and sugar in a frying pan untill the sugar starts to disolve
- Add the apricots and turning once, cook untill just starting to soften
- Remove apricots and place into the botton of your tin
- Reserve the left over butter mix
- CAKE - beat the butter (or oil cream blend) together with the coconut nectar untill creamy
- Add the eggs mixing well
- Stir in the HGG cake mix, the spices, water and the yoghurt
- Pour on top of the apricots and smooth the top
- Bake for 40 min or untill a skewer comes out clean
- Warm the reserved butter mix in the pan then pour in the cream, stiring till it thickens up and becomes the caramel sauce
- Serve the cake warm with the sauce
Gluten Free Christmas Cake Paleo
(yes it can be done, and it's awesome)
Pancakes and Waffles
You can make thee any size you want and add anything you like on top. But it’s always good to get a bit of inspiration....
Caramel Apple Cake
Apple cakes are the way to go in Autumn, and what better to top it with but caramel. Or even better, put the caramel inside...